Welcome to Formula Mom!
A little bit of mom added to wife and special education teacher is the formula for Mariah, aka Formula Mom! Here are 5 quick ways to learn more about me!
- Mom. I became a mom in December 2010 when my little man, W, was born. Just days before he was born I also completed my Master’s of Education in Educational Administration. Oh, and I got my Christmas presents all wrapped on time too!
- Teacher. I’ve just started my 8th year teaching public elementary school. I’m teaching special education preschool this year!
- Wife. I met my husband J on match.com and we got married in July 2008 after dating for 2 years. We’re proof that internet dating can work! I did have to go on my share of bad dates before I finally got lucky!
- Family. Our little family is rounded out by my mother (who is a blessing to us all) and our 2 dogs. It’s a busy home but we wouldn’t have it any other way. I never expected to be living with such a large family but it has been an amazing experience and a great way to raise W! It does have its challenges too.
- Blog. I started Formula Mom in March 2011 as way to share what was working for me as a mother and what was not working. I had so many plans and some of them have worked out perfectly while others have thrown me for a bit of a loop. One day I finally came to the realization that parenting was about figuring out a formula that works for your family and Formula Mom was born!
As a content creator and brand promoter, my work has appeared at PTPA Blogaholics, Gift Caddie, WhatToExpect.com Word of Mom and Word of Mom News, and Pampers Pregnancy. I am an experienced Brand Ambassador and Twitter Party host/panelist. Brands I have worked with include Munchkin, Sony, Disney, Skype, Hormel, and Move100.
In May 2012, I established the Noise Girls. We are a small group of female bloggers dedicated to raising brand awareness by combining our reach and our voices. I’m also a co-owner of DisneyDIY.com and Mommy Mindset Media. I have a passion for word of mom marketing and social media outreach!