I am all about the easy Easter Treats these days. And I cannot resist the Peeps so it became Peep hunting season at my house recently! And we created some tasty goodies!
Easter Treats: Peeps Pretzel Pops
Oh Easter, oh how you tempt me with all of your tasty candies and sweet goodies. From jelly beans to chocolate eggs to marshmallow Peeps, there are so many sweets that I don’t even try to resist. (Okay, I do try to resist but sometimes I fail.) But they inspire me and this week’s inspiration came from Peeps. I know I had to try to make some special Easter treats with one of the things that just means Easter to me.
J and Grambo love a mix of salty and sweet so I sat down to come up with something they would like. W has discovered Peeps this year, so he is easy to please. J is also on a pretzel kick these days so that is when my inspiration hit!
With a little bit of melted chocolate, some Spring sprinkles, and some iconic bunny Peeps, I was ready to get busy in the kitchen!
I found it easiest to set up a decorating station. I melted the chocolate in the microwave according to the directions on the packaging and then dipped and decorated the pretzel rods. The big pretzel rods are key in this treat. If you see them in your store, snag a bag for a completely edible Easter treat!
Once the pretzels are dipped, decorated, and have cooled, you are ready for the finishing touch! The Peeps bunny, of course! Use your leftover melted chocolate to drizzle a line on the back of the peep. This will be the “glue” that holds the Peep on to the pretzel. Then place the bunny and allow to dry!
It’s as simple as that! These would be great for any Easter (or Spring-themed) party!
Peeps Pretzel Pops
- 1 package Peeps marshmallows
- 1 package of vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Pretzel Rods 10-12, depending on how many you want to make
- Melt your almond bark or chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Dip pretzel rods in chocolate and cover about 3/4 of the stick. Turn to coat on all sides.
- Roll or sprinkle in colored sugar or sprinkles. Set in a short glass to cool completely.
- Separate Peeps. Drizzle a line of chocolate on the back of Peeps. Stick to pretzel rod.
- Lay flat to cool completely.
What is your favorite Peeps shape? Are you a bunny fan or a chick fan?