Crockpot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Before I met J, I’d never had fajitas. Can you believe it? I was 26 years old and had never tried fajitas. I love mexican food but had always been a fan of enchiladas, burritos, and nachos. But J opened my eyes to one of his favorite foods and we’ve enjoyed fajitas more times than I can count in the almost 7 years we’ve known each other. Still, I’ve never made them at home. That could all change thanks to a great Crockpot Chicken Fajitas recipe!
I have never considered making fajitas at home because it seemed too complicated to me. I’m a very simple person when it comes to time spent in the kitchen. But Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals has opened my eyes to the possibilities with this recipe.
If you put the world Crockpot or slow cooker in front of any recipe, I’m going to pay attention. Slow cooker screams easy to me! Prepare it and go on with your day. Hours later dinner is ready to be enjoyed. What could be easier than that? I can see myself preparing some rice (and maybe some guacamole) to go along with these chicken fajitas.
It would be a great way to surprise my husband. I’m not sure he would know what to do!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers green, yellow and red, thinly sliced
- 1 packet Fajita seasoning
- 1 medium white onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 a medium red onion thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place peppers and onions in Crockpot. Toss to combine.
- Lay chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with seasoning packet.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Remove veggies with a slotted spoon. Remove chicken and slice or shred.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
When I make mexican food at home, I usually do nachos. They are easy to make and I can adjust the taste by using different protein, different kinds of cheese, and different cheeses. But I think I’m ready to branch out and try these Crockpot chicken fajitas!