Zucchini Fries Recipe
W is fairly good when it comes to eating. Although when I was pregnant I did say that my child wouldn’t be the one who only ate chicken nuggets. And… he loves chicken nuggets. So while he eats other things, veggies are still a challenge. I’ve resorted to hiding them in things or giving him a dipping sauce. I never knew I would be so happy about dipping sauces.
Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals has a great Zucchini Fries recipe that is perfect for dipping! She’s also given us a recipe for homemade ranch dressing, although I’ll admit that I use ranch from a bottle!
Make Your Own Baked Zucchini Fries!
What you need:
- 1 large or 3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. Panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Sea Salt
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you do:
To make dip mix all ingredients together and chill until serving.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. (The easiest way is to cut off each end, stand it up and slice down.) Cut each half into 1/4 inch “planks” and then each plank into 4-5 slices to make “fry” shapes.
- Place zucchini fries in large plastic bag. Add flour and shake.
- Dip each fry into the egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on cooking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Flip and continue baking for 12 minutes more. Turn broiler on and broil until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Be careful! They will burn easily!
- Season with sea salt. Serve with ranch dip.