Apple Dump Cake
If you can pour, you can make this apple dump cake recipe! If you know me, you know that those kinds of promises are enough to get me in the kitchen! I love to bake but I also like for things to be fairly easy. Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals promises me that this Apple Dump Cake recipe is extremely easy to make!
I love the smell of apples and spices, especially around Thanksgiving. I’m not quite up for trying to pull together an apple pie this year. And I love cake way more than pie so a dump cake sounds perfect for me. Oh, and when I spotted that cake mix is used without oil or eggs, I loved that! What a way to reduce calories and still enjoy a tasty treat!
Apple Dump Cake Recipe
What you need:
- 2 cans no sugar added apple pie filling
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 2 sticks butter, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecan chips
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
What you do:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread pie filling in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and then cake mix. DO NOT MIX.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Top with butter slices.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour until browned and set.
- Refrigerate leftovers.