Sweet Easter Treats: Bunny Bait
I’ll admit that I’m being sucked in by all things sweet this Easter. I’ve been inspired by all the cute chicks and bunnies I see floating around the stores. I got W an amazing and unique Easter shirt that I cannot wait to have him model. I’m just all about Easter this year! I think one of the reasons is because it’s so easy to make sweet Easter treats!
I’ve been sharing a lot of my ideas for Easter treats and crafts here. But I’ve also been pinning ideas like crazy on my Easter pinboard. I just cannot get enough! And my most recent endeavor was Bunny Bait! Who doesn’t love a sweet and salty treat? It’s the perfect balance of both and it was great during our recent Easter themed family movie night! We munched on Bunny Bait and watched Hop on DVD! It was a blast!
And Bunny Bait is so easy to make! All you need is some popcorn, pretzels, Chex, M&Ms, and some almond bark or candy melts. The only cooking involved is a few minutes to pop the popcorn and then to melt the almond bark.
- 1 package Pop Secret popcorn
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken in halves
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 package vanilla almond bark
- 1/2 bag of Easter M&Ms
In the Kitchen
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to the directions on the packaging.
- Mix in pretzels and Chex.
- Melt almond bark according to the directions on the packaging.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and stir well.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread popcorn mix on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms.
- Refrigerate to cool.
- Break apart and serve!
So if you’re looking for something to do with the kids one weekend before Easter, I definitely recommend making your own Bunny Bait! You can play around with the types of candy or cereal that you use. Make it your own! It might be a little messy but it’s delicious!
I only used half the package of almond bark in this recipe to ensure that the salty could still be tasted through the sweet. It was the perfect balance!