Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
We are pasta lovers around here. I love how easy pasta is to prepare. Paired with some garlic bread and salad, it’s a quick and easy meal that the entire family enjoys. But tossing some pasta and sauce together can get boring. So it’s great to change it up a bit like with my Easy Baked Penne recipe. Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals has a great spaghetti casserole recipe that she is sharing with us this week!
I cannot wait to try this one! I think J will love it!
Make Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In the Kitchen
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- While pasta is cooking, season the ground beef with salt and pepper and brown in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain if necessary.
- Add tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce. Stir well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Add half the meat sauce. Top with half the pasta. Spread with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-55 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle with parsley. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
FREEZER FRIENDLY! You can split this recipe between two 8x8 pans and freeze one for later. When you are ready to bake it, thaw for about an hour and then bake as directed.