When I got the challenge to pick up a bag of M&M’s Candy Corn White Chocolate Candies and come up with a great recipe, I was thrilled. The M&M’s Candy Corn are the newest member of the M&M’s family and I couldn’t wait to try them. Ideas were floating through my head and I was ready to go! Finding the new M&M’s proved to be a challenge and I have yet to actually find them in any of the 3 Walmart stores near my house. I tried and tried again! To see my shopping experience, check out my ThisMoment Slideshow to see all of the places I looked!
I didn’t let this slow me down though. I still wanted to share a great recipe using M&M’s so I picked up a bag of the classic plain M&M’s and continued on! For this challenge I knew I could go crazy and come up with something extremely elaborate but during the holidays the focus is on family. So, I wanted to share a recipe that was family friendly. When I think family friendly, I know that it needs to be simple and it needs to taste great! Pretzels Kissed with Chocolate are perfect little goodies to make with your kids and they make great homemade goodies to share with people like your child’s teacher around the holidays! We make them around Christmas using red and green M&M’s!
Pretzels Kissed with Chocolate
What you need:
- 1 bag of Waffle Pretzels
- 1 bag of Hershey’s Kisses (You can use any variety of Hershey’s Kisses for this recipe. The peppermint ones work great around Christmas!)
- 1 bag of M&M’s candies (You can also use any variety of M&M’s and I would have loved to have the orange, yellow, and white candy corn M&M’s for this project. I will keep looking for them!)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. It won’t take very long to preheat the oven which makes this a very quick recipe to whip up!
2. While the oven warms, place your pretzels on an ungreased cookie sheet. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make as many or as few as you would like at a time! I wouldn’t recommend making more than one pan at a time because you have to be quick when they come out of the oven.
3. Unwrap a Hershey’s Kisses candy for each pretzel and place each candy on the pretzel. This is a great job for the kids to do, especially if you have a lot of Hershey Kisses to unwrap!
4. Once the oven has reached 170 degrees, place the pretzels in the oven for 6 – 7 minutes until the Hershey’s Kisses are soft but not melting all over the pan. If they start to melt too much it will get messy. If you catch them when they are extremely soft but not dripping, take them out of the oven.
5. Press one M&M into each softened Hershey’s Kiss. This is the step where you have to act quickly before the chocolate cools. The more hands the better to get this step done!
6. Let the pretzels cool and then place on a decorative plate or bag a handful up to make great goody bags for the holidays! They would also be great at your Halloween party this year!
Family friendly and tasty, what more could you ask for in a recipe? You can easily whip together a large number of these without spending all day in the kitchen and one bag of M&M’s goes a long way! I was able use an entire bag of Hershey’s Kisses and nearly an entire bag of pretzels and still had M&M’s left over!
I look forward to finding a bag of M&M’s Candy Corn White Chocolate Candies for this recipe. I’m hoping to find some in one of my Walmart stores before Halloween because I am planning on making some to take to school with me the week before Halloween! If you want to pick up a back of your own, be sure to print your coupon and save a little money!
If you’re looking for a recipe that is quick, easy, and even affordable then try my Pretzels Kissed with Chocolate! I will admit that most of ours were gone before the night was over so they are definitely yummy! Do you have a great recipe that uses M&M’s candies? Have you tried the new M&M’s Candy Corn Candies?
If you like this easy, family friendly M&M’s recipe then take a moment and go vote for me daily! I appreciate your support!Collective Bias. All thoughts and experiences shared are 100% my own. #MMsGetCorny #Cbias