New Year’s Eve Cake Balls Recipe
New Year’s Eve is all about confetti, right? Well around here it is because I love confetti. I love holiday themed confetti. And an extension of that is sprinkles. I love sprinkles! They are just so adorable. So New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to whip up one of my favorite sweet treats with this New Year’s Eve cake balls recipe!
You can prepare the cake according to the directions on the box or save some calories by using my soda cake swap!
- 1 Devil's Food Cake boxed cake mix
- 12 ounces Diet Rootbeer (Cola and Dr. Pepper also work well)
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 package white almond bark or white chocolate chips
- wax paper
In the Kitchen
- Mix the cake mix and soda together.
- Bake cake according to directions on the box.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Crumble cake in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 can of frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Form cake and frosting mixture into balls and set on pan covered in wax paper.
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Melt almond bark over low heat.
- Dip cake balls into almond bark and set on wax paper to cool.
- Sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles before the balls cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
They take a bit of prep but are one of the sweet treats I love to make. Plus they are always a hit with all of my guests! Oh, and you can make them in any flavor combination too. That is the beauty of them!
And if you’re spending New Year’s Eve with kids, check out my 20 Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Kids for more fun ideas! There are ways to keep the entire family busy all day long without spending much money!