If you’re looking for a fun recipe for your child’s birthday party or a summer pool party, try these Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches!
For those of you that don’t already know, I’m a Taekwondo mom. Actually, I’m a TKD mom and wife. Both Adam and Alex participate in the sport and love every minute! Currently Alex is training for a big competition coming up, and therefore, has extra nights of intense work-outs.
Fridays are usually an “optional” day for us, sometimes they go, sometimes they take it off, but in the weeks leading up to a competition they became mandatory. On this Friday night, they were going to be having pizza upon coming home and I wanted to give them an extra special treat to have afterwards.
I hadn’t decided on anything yet and then I remembered the 5 dozen mini chocolate chips cookies a friend had just given us! That is a lot of cookies, even for us, so I figured why not make them into something even more fun? Nothing says fun like cookies and ice cream! You could do so many different kinds, even letting the kids choose their favorites!
-Krista, Everyday Mom’s Meals
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
What you need:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Assorted Sprinkles
What you do:
- Allow ice cream to soften a little. Spoon about a 2 tablespoons of ice cream onto one cookie.
- Top with another and push down to adhere.
- Using a butter knife, remove excess from side and smooth out.
- Put sprinkles on paper plates. Turn each “sandwich” on its side and roll in sprinkles, allowing them to stick to the ice cream.
- Place in the freezer to harden for about an hour.