Tasty Tuesday Lobster Rolls Recipe
Nothing says summer time to me more than fresh seafood. Some of our favorite meals on our annual family getaway to New Smyrna Beach, Florida include straight from the ocean seafood. It doesn’t get much fresher than that!
But let’s be honest. There is a reason why we treat ourselves to this while on vacation… it’s not cheap! Yes, getting it “right from the source” is much more economical than when we have to buy it at home in Indiana but seafood can make the grocery bill add up pretty quickly.
I’ve already shared one budget friendly seafood meal, Crab Cakes, and now I have a sandwich that is a great way to “fake out” the family plus keep a few extra dollars in your wallet. One of my favorite things to eat while on the beach is fresh lobster roll. Oh how I look forward to it each year when vacation time rolls around, but now with this lobster rolls recipe we can enjoy them any night of the week!
Mr. Everyday said the flavor was so close to real lobster that he would have never known had I not told him. I think these would be fun for a backyard barbecue or pool party. Especially if you made them into slider size! If you love seafood, but don’t always love the cost, this sandwich is perfect for your family too!
-Krista, Everyday Mom’s Meals
What you need:
- 1 (8oz) package lump style imitation crab/lobster
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 T. finely diced red onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 hoagie/sub buns
- Leaf Lettuce, washed and dried
What you do:
- In a medium bowl, break up imitation crab with fingers or fork.
- Add celery, onion, and mayo. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready, place lettuce on bun and top with meat mixture.