How to Make Caprese Salad
I’m used to cooking and baking for my family. Usually with the little one on my mind. But sometimes you need something a bit more adult. Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals has a recipe to teach me how to make Caprese Salad. It’s something I’ve never made before but I’m intrigued! I think it could be great to make for a staying in date night for J!
Caprese Salad Recipe with Caper Vinaigrette
From Food.com. Makes 4 servings.
What you need:
- 2 large slicing tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
- 16 oz. ball mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, cut into thin “ribbons”
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested,
- 1 TBS capers, drained and divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you do:
- On small salad plates, stack 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese, alternating each.
- With each layer, season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a blender, combine oil, lemon juice, zest and 1/2 TBS capers.
- Blend until smooth. (If made ahead, chill until ready to serve)
- Drizzle each tomato and cheese stack with dressing.
- Top with basil ribbons and capers.
*NOTE* My mozzarella came in a log, so I chose to do half-moon shapes and increase the tomato slices by one.