Summer means vacation time.
When I’m on vacation, I want to get the most for my money. In these tight financial times for many people, there are easy ways to get more out of your summer vacation!
Get More out of Your Summer Vacation
We have taken two local Texas staycations this summer. I’ve learned just how important the hotel is when it comes to traveling with a toddler.
I’ve learned that a suite makes life much easier while on the road.
Embassy Suites has some amazing features that work great for families including:
- Two room suites with mini-refrigerator (great for traveling with little ones)
- Free cooked to order breakfast
- Nightly manager’s reception with complimentary appetizers and beverages
Are You a Vacation Dabbler?
Embassy Suites and Parents magazine recently surveyed readers and found that 56% of families are vacation dabblers. Dabblers are those who take vacation days here and there throughout the year rather than taking extended time off from work for vacation.
My family is definitely the vacation dabbler type. It’s the way we can afford to take vacations. We do have plans for a bigger vacation to Disney when W is older that we are saving for now. But this summer is all about the staycations and short dabbles in travel!
We have already had a busy summer with a trip to San Antonio and a trip to Galveston! They have been affordable staycations that have given us a bit of a break without breaking the bank!
Tips to Make the Most of Your Vacation
No matter how long or short your vacation is, there are some great ideas for making the most of it! Dr. Susan Biali, a health and happiness expert, has some amazing suggestions!
- Vacation isn’t just about the time away. Looking forward to the vacation helps lift your mood. I have found this to be true throughout my entire life. Of course, it leads to what we call the “post-vacation letdown” when it’s all over. Still, the anticipation of a trip is one of my favorite things!
- Travel to your destination the night before your vacation begins. This is something we’ve done this summer with our staycations. It has been great to get into town, grab some dinner, and then rest in the hotel room. Then we’re ready to go full force the next morning!
- Make your dollar stretch with a hotel like Embassy Suites. This is a key tip in my opinion. Staying at a hotel with a small kitchenette area allows you to buy snacks at a grocery store and save money on vending machines. I love hotels that provide breakfast because it is one less meal to pay for during the day!
My personal tip would be to balance being behind the camera and experiencing the fun! I love to take photos and capture all of our memories for when we get back home. But I’m trying to remind myself that I don’t want to miss out on the experiences because I’m behind the camera!
Embassy Suites Ambassador
You can learn more about getting the most out of your summer vacation with Embassy Suites by visiting them at:
You can also enter to win the Embassy Suites Get More Vacation Contest!5 people are going to win $10,000 for their dream vacation! That would definitely be enough for our big Disney vacation!
Do you have any vacations planned this summer?
Formula Mom Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in an Ambassador Program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Embassy Suites Hotels and received a one-night complimentary stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel to facilitate my reviews and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.