Recently, my family has made the switch from red meat. It was inspired by mom’s desire to eat a more plant-based diet and by my participation the Jennie-O Make the Switch Challenge! While I was working on making changes in the meals we eat, I happened to put together an easy meal that was a huge hit! A number of you asked for the recipe so here it finally is!
Easy Turkey Taco Dip Recipe
What you need:
- Tortilla Chips
- 1 onion
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pound ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bag shredded lettuce or head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Brown the ground turkey with the onion and drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and simmer.
3. In 9×13 baking dish, layer refried beans, seasoned turkey and onions, and cheese.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish individual servings with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.