Crock Pot Taco Meat
The Crock Pot. Do you use it? Do you love it? I don’t use mine nearly as much as I should. It seems that I forget about it until cooler weather sets in. But there are so many great recipes that are EASY! Yes, that seems to be my buzzword when it comes to the kitchen! Keep it easy! This Crock Pot Taco Meat recipe from Krista at Everyday Mom’s Meals is pretty easy although you do have brown the meat beforehand.
Giving your taco meat time to cook in the Crock Pot adds flavor that I never expected! It’s absolutely delicious and pretty simple!
Try the Recipe
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef (I also like using ground buffalo)
- 1 (1.25oz) packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4.c. salsa
What you do:
- In a medium skillet brown meat and drain fat if necessary. Place in Crock Pot.
- Add water and seasoning. Stir well.
- Add salsa and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
*NOTE* If your Crock Pot tends to be on the hot side like mine, add just a little extra water to be sure not to burn.