Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate Recipe
Although it’s not too cold here in Texas, when the calendar flips to November and December I have a few things I love. Hot chocolate is definitely one of them. Usually I buy instant hot chocolate and make it in the microwave. But then Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared this great Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate recipe!
I adore chocolate covered cherries and hot chocolate. So I figured that this would be a recipe that could become a favorite. I was even willing to make hot chocolate the old-fashioned way. Breaking out the pot to warm the milk just seems like it could easily become a holiday tradition as well!
- 5 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cups maraschino cherry juice, divided
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBS powdered sugar
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
In the Kitchen
- In a large stock pot, heat the milk, half and half, chocolate syrup and, 7 Tablespoons of cherry juice over medium heat. Stirring often.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream until frothy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and reserved cherry juice. Beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- When hot cocoa is heated thoroughly, ladle into mugs, and top with whipped cream and cherries.