5 Baking Soda Uses Around the House
Many of us have baking soda just sitting around in our cabinets. It may be the perfect solution to some of the nasty problems that arise around the house! Try some of these baking soda uses today for a more eco-friendly way to keep your home clean!
- Clean your microwave. Dissolve a few teaspoons of baking soda in a microwaveable safe bowl of water. Heat the water for 3-5 minutes. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes then remove the bowl. Wipe down the microwave with a warm, damp cloth.
- Clean the dog. If your dog has gotten a bit odorous, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 2 cups of water. Soak a bandana in the mixture and then let it dry in the sun. Tie it on your pup to keep him smelling more fresh!
- Clean the toilets. Baking soda and vinegar make a great natural toilet cleaner! Sprinkle 1 cup baking soda around the inside of the toilet bowl. Then pour 1 cup vinegar over the baking soda. Allow it to fizz for about 10 minutes then scrub clean!
- Freshen up old books. I have stored a number of books from my classroom and some of them have a bit of a musty smell. Sprinkle a bit of baking soda on the pages and allow the books to sit out in the sun.
- Freshen carpets. Sprinkle your carpets with baking soda. Allow it to sit for a few hours and then vacuum!